|Seller’s repair, replacement and return services (warranty services)|
Article 28 of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Product Quality: A seller shall be responsible for repair, change, and refund of a product if it is sold under any of the following circumstances, and, where the product has caused any loss to purchasers or users, the seller shall compensate for such losses:
(1) not having the functions it ought to have, and no prior disclosure having been given by the seller;
(2) not conforming to the product standards marked on the product or its package;
(3) not conforming to the state of quality indicated by way of product directions or sample, etc.
The above provisions applyto general products.
Various products may have specific warranty regulations, such as bicycles, televisions, household refrigerators, washers, electric fans, microwave ovens, cleaners, household air-conditioners, range hoods, gas water heaters, timekeepers, motorcycles, agro-machines, mobile telephones, fixed telephones, or microcomputers.
For general products not covered by specific warranty regulations, a warranty period shall commence on the date of the invoice of sale, except for delays caused by repairs or an absence of parts. Within the applicable warranty period, purchasers can, on the basis of their invoice and warranty voucher, request warranty services as follows:
1) If, within seven days of purchase, a fault in a product arises, a purchaser may request to have the product repaired, replaced or returned.
2) If, within eight to fifteen days of purchase, a fault in a product arises, a purchaser may request to have the product repaired or replaced.
3) If, within the warranty period, a fault in a product arises so that the product cannot operate properly after having been repaired twice, a purchaser may, on the basis of the repair records and a statement furnished by the repair service provider, request the seller to replace the product at no cost with a product of the same model and specifications.
Product depreciation shall commence on the date of the invoice, and end on the date of replacement, except for delays caused by repairs or an absence of parts.
The following products are not covered by warranty services, but can be repaired at cost:
1) products damaged by a purchaser because of improper use, maintenance or storage;
2) products damaged by repair service providers not providing a warranty;
3) products without available warranty vouchers and invoices;
4) products whose type is not in accordance with the type on the warranty vouchers, or which have been altered;
5) products damaged by any force majeure.