|Accreditation by the Metrology Calibration Laboratory of Shanghai|
（Verification of Imported Measuring Instruments)
1 Project Name
Accreditation by the Metrology Calibration Laboratory of Shanghai
2 Legal Basis
(1) Article 13 of the Rules for the Implementation of The Metrology Law of the People’s Republic of China: Enterprises and institutions should equip themselves with the facilities for checking and testing measurement instruments commensurate with their needs in production, scientific research and management and business operations; formulate specific procedures and regulations concerning examination and determination of accuracy; prepare detailed catalogues of measurement instruments showing their units and fix the corresponding periods for examination and determination of accuracy; and ensure that their measurement instruments which are not subject to compulsory examination and determination for accuracy are regularly checked and tested.
(2) Article 18 of the Shanghai Administrative Rules on Metrology Supervision: A unit or an individual, according to the needs of production operations, may act on his own or select a qualified metrology calibration organization to investigate and verify the accuracy of measuring instruments not subject to compulsory verification.
Article 26 of the Shanghai Administrative Rules on Metrology Supervision: An agency undertaking measuring instruments calibration or metrology verification shall not provide measuring instruments calibration or metrology verification services unless its quality has been recognized by the Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision and relevant certificates of quality have been issued.
3 Conditions for Approval
(1) Articles of association;
(2) Fixed address wherethe calibration of measuring instruments occurs;
(3) Registered capital no less than 500,000 RMB;
(4) Metrology calibration equipment suitable to the fieldof metrology calibration;
(5) At least 5 technical staff members with specific qualifications suitable to the field of metrology calibration;
(6) Other conditions as required by laws, regulations and rules from time to time.
4 Implementing Organization
The implementing organization is the Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision (hereinafter referred to as the Bureau).
(1) Application and Acceptance
An applicant shall submit the application to the Bureau.
The Shanghai Administrative Office for Metrology Calibration under the Bureau (hereinafter referred to as the Office) is responsible for examining the application materials and shall make a decision on acceptance or rejection of the application within 5 working days and provide a written notice of that decision to the applicant.
The Office shall forward the application materials in conformity with relevant requirements to the Shanghai Review Center of the Metrology Calibration Laboratory of Shanghai (hereinafter referred to as the Calibration Laboratory) and request it to organize a review.
(3) Ratification and Issuing Certificate:
The Office shall examine the result of the review. Where the relevant requirements are met,the Calibration Laboratory shall issue an Accreditation Certificate to the applicant. Where relevant requirements are not met, an administrative decision denying accreditation shall be issued to the applicant.
The time of validity of the certificate is 3 years. A calibration organization holding a certificate due to expire may apply for reexamination and certificate renewal. Any such application shall be made no later than six months before the expiration date. The above procedures shall be followed in applications for reexamination and certificate renewal.
6 Time Limit
An administrative decision granting accreditation shall be made within 20 working days from the date of acceptance (time for rectification and improvement of the applicationis excluded. Time for review including rectification and improvement shall not exceed 2 months). The Accreditation Certificate of the Calibration Laboratory shall be issued within 10 working days from the date an administrative decision granting accreditation is made.
Accreditation by theCalibrationLaboratory is free of charge. However, an applicant shall pay a review fee forreview of an organization according to the contract signed by the two parties.
8 Materials to be submitted for application
(1) Application forlaboratory accreditation;
(2) Articles of association*;
(3) Evidentiary materials forthe fixed address where the calibration of measuring instruments occurs*;
(4) Verification certificates for registered capital*;
(5) Quality manual;
(6) Report on self-check;
(7) Technical specifications;
(8) Certificates on qualificationsof personnel*;
(9) 3calibration reports for each item to be accredited;
(10) 3 original recordings (with numbers corresponding to the calibration reports)
(11) Copy of Examination Certificate on Metrology Standards;
(12) Other materials.
Note: All the above materials shall be submitted in initial applications and applications for reexamination. In applications for accreditation of additional items, the materials marked with an asterisk, if no change has occurred since their preparation, may be excluded.