1 Project Name:
Accreditation for Metrology Calibration Laboratory of Shanghai
2 Legal Basis
(1) Article 13 of Rules for the Implementation of The Metrology Law of the Peoples Republic of China: Enterprises and institutions should equip themselves with the facilities for checking and testing measurement instruments commensurate with their needs in production, scientific research and management and business operations, formulate specific procedures and regulations concerning examination and determination, work out detailed catalogues of measurement instruments of their units and fix the corresponding periods for examination and determination, and ensure that their measurement instruments which are not subject to compulsory examination and determination are regularly checked and tested.
(2) Article 18 of Shanghai Administrative Rules on Metrology Supervision: unit or individual, according to the needs of production operations, may, act on his own or select qualified metrology calibration organization, to trace to the source of the measured value of measuring instruments not subject to compulsory verification.
Article 26 of Shanghai Administrative Rules on Metrology Supervision: Agency undertaking measuring instruments calibration or metrology verification shall not provide measuring instruments calibration or metrology verification services unless its quality has been recognized by Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision and relevant certificates of quality is issued.
3 Conditions for Approval
(1) Articles of association;
(2) Regular site undertaking the calibration of measuring instruments;
(3) Registered capital no less than 500,000 RMB;
(4) Metrology calibration equipment suitable to the business field of metrology calibration;
(5) At least 5 specific technical staffs with qualifications suitable to the business field of metrology calibration;
(6) Other conditions laid down by laws, regulations and rules.
4 Implementing Organization
Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision (hereinafter referred to as the Bureau)
(1) Application and Acceptance
Applicant shall submit the application to the Bureau.
Shanghai Administrative Office for Metrology Calibration under the Bureau (hereinafter referred to as the Office) responsible for examining the application materials shall make a decision on acceptance or rejection of the application within 5 days and provide a writing notice.
The Office shall forward the application materials in conformity with relevant requirements to the Shanghai Review Center for Calibration Laboratory and request the latter to organize review.
(3) Ratification and Issuing Certificate:
The Office shall examine the reviewing materials after review. In case relevant requirements are met, the Accreditation Certificate of Shanghai Metrology Calibration Laboratory shall be issued to the applicant. In case relevant requirements are not met, an administrative decision not granting accreditation shall be issued to the applicant.
The time of validity of the certificate is 3 years. The calibration organization of which the certificate expires may apply for reexamination. Such application shall be made at least half year before expiration date. Procedures abovementioned shall be followed in case of reexamination.
6 Time Limit
An administrative decision granting accreditation shall be made within 20 working days from the date of acceptance (Time for review and for rectification and improvement of the applicant is excluded. Time for review shall not exceed 2 months). The Accreditation Certificate of Shanghai Metrology Calibration Laboratory shall be issued within 10 working days from the date of an administrative decision granting accreditation is made.
Accreditation of Shanghai for metrology calibration laboratory is free of charge. Applicant shall pay review fee to review organization according to the contract signed by the two parties.
8 Materials to be submitted for application:
(1) Application of laboratory accreditation;
(2) Articles of association*;
(3) Evidentiary materials for Regular site undertaking calibration*;
(4) Verification certificates for registered capital*;
(5) Quality manual;
(6) Report on self-check;
(7) Technical specification;
(8) Certificates on quality of personnel*;
(9) Several calibration reports (3 for each applied item);
(10) Several original recording (numbers corresponding calibration reports)
(11) Copy of Examination Certificate on Metrology Standards;
(12) Other materials.
Note: All the materials abovementioned shall be submitted in case of application for the first time and application for reexamination. In case of applying for accreditation of item expansion, the materials marked with asterisk, if no change occurs, may be excluded.