1 General Project Name:
Verification of Measuring Instruments (Compulsory verification, Verification of Imported Measuring Instruments)
Verification of Imported Measuring Instruments
2 Legal Basis
Article 16 of Metrology Law of The People's Republic of China: Measuring instruments imported from abroad may be sold only after having been verified and found to be up to standard by the metrological administrative department of the people's government at or above the provincial level.
3 Conditions for Approval
Verification shall be passed according to regulations governing metrological verification
4 Implementing Organization
Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision
(1) Application: Those units or nature person which import, for sale on the domestic market, instruments must, after the inspection and release by the Customs, apply for verification to Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision.
(2) Acceptance: Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision shall appoint metrology verification agencies for verification.
(3) Verification: Metrology verification agencies shall finish verification in prescribed time limit according to national, ministerial, or local metrological verification regulations. In case of the instruments passing the verification, a certificate for verification of quality shall be issued. In case of the instruments failing to pass the verification, a notice of verification result shall be issued.
(4) Ratification: the certificate for verification of quality and the notice of verification result shall not take effect unless the ratification stamp of Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision is affixed.
6 Time Limit
(1) Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision shall finish examining application materials and notify the applicant whether or not the application is accepted, if accepted, the name, address and contact methods of the metrology verification agency shall be informed, within 5 working days from the date of receiving such materials.
(2) The metrology verification agency shall finish verification within 20 working days. The time limit may be extended in special conditions after approved by metrology administrative department dealing with application for verification.
Notice on printing and distributing of metrology charge standard of General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, State Planning Commission and Ministry of finance (Issuance No. 323 (1991) of AQSIQ)
8 Materials to be submitted for application:
(1) Qualification evidence (copy) for legal person;
(2) Application for verification of imported measuring instruments;
(3) Technical instruction (containing instruction in Chinese);
(4) Operation manual;
(5) Certificate of Model Approval for Imported Measuring Instruments of the Peoples Republic of China or relevant evidence shall be submitted for measuring instruments listed in the Catalogue of Model Examination of the Peoples Republic of China for Imported Measuring Instruments;
(6) Bill of entry or relevant evidences for customs clearance (copy);
(7) Commitment for after service.