License Issuance for the Manufacture and Repair of Measurement Instruments
(License Issuance for the Manufactureand Repair of Measurement Instruments)
1 General Project Name
License Issuance for the Manufactureand Repair of Measurement Instruments
License Issuance for Manufacture and Repair of Measurement Instruments
2 Legal Basis
Article 12 of the Metrology Law of The People's Republic of China: An enterprise or institution which is to engage in manufacturing or repairing measuring instruments must have facilities, personnel and verification appliances appropriate to the measuring instruments it is to manufacture or repair and, after being checked and considered qualified by the metrological administrative department of the people's government at or above the county level, obtain a license for Manufacturing Measuring Instruments or a license for Repairing Measuring Instruments.
3 Conditions for Approval
Any applicant for a license for Manufacturing Measurement Instruments shall:
(1) have regular production fields and production facilities suitable to the measuring instruments manufactured, including production and technological equipment, and measuring and testing facilities used in the production process;
(2) have a Certificate of Model Approval or a Certificate of Quality of Prototype Testing; complete design drawing, technical papers, product standards and verification regulations (or verification methods);
(3) have facilities for testing and determining products, including metrology standards which have passed the relevant examinations, relevant working measurement instruments and inspection equipment, and environments meeting the need of verification, to ensure product quality;
(4) ensure that the technological capacity of the engineering technical personnel and workers meet the needs of production ,and that the staff responsible for testing and determining products have been tested for their qualifications by the quality and technical supervision department;
(5) have a necessary quality assurance system and measurement control system;
(6) have the capability for after-service.
4 Implementing Organizations
(1) Measuring instruments manufacturing units included in the Licensing Cataloguefor Measuring Instruments of the Shanghai Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision (hereinafter called the Bureau) shall apply to the Bureau;
(2) Measuring instruments manufacturing units not included in the Licensing Cataloguefor Measuring Instruments of the Bureau shall apply to the bureau of quality and technical supervision in their registration borough or county.
(a) The applicant shall submit the application and relevant materials to a municipal, borough or county bureau of quality and technical supervision;
(b) The relevant municipal, borough or county bureau of quality and technical supervision shall examine the completeness and conformity to legal forms of the materials,and make a decision on acceptance or rejection of the application or inform the applicant of any supplemental materials to be submitted within 5 days after receipt of the application.
(c) The municipal, borough or county bureau of quality and technical supervision dealing with an application shall invite inspectors to constitute an examination group or entrust relevant organizations to undertake the examination within 10 days.