Ratification and issue of production license of major industrial products
Enterprises producing or processing any of wheat powder, rice, edible vegetable oil, sauce and edible vinegar shall apply for a Food Production License to the Shanghai Food Production License Examination Center, except that the food production and processing enterprises of the above five groups of food in Chongming County shall submit applications to the Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision of Chongming County. Production and processing enterprises of meat products, milk products, beverages, flavorings (sugar, monosodium glutamate), instant noodles, biscuits, canned foods, frozenbeverages, chilled noodles and rice foods, and popped foods shall apply for a Food Production License to the bureaus of quality and technical supervision of the borough or county where the enterprises are located. The Following application materials shall be submitted:
(a) Application for Food Production License (see Annex 2) in triplicate;
(b) Copies of business license in triplicate;
(c) Copies of Food Hygiene License in triplicate;
(d) Enterprise Code Certificate (Copies in triplicate. except those which do not need code certificate)
(e) Copies of the identification card of the principal (legal representative) in triplicate;
(f) Layout of production site (one);
(g) Flow chart of production process (one);
(h) Quality management document (one);
(i) Text of enterprise standard ( for enterprise implementing enterprise standard) (one);
(j) Certificate of HACCP, Exported food hygiene registration certificate (if already obtainedby the enterprise). in triplicate.
A decision on acceptance or rejection of the application shall be made and a writtennotice shall be issued within 5 days from the date of receiving such application.
(3) Expert examination and product inspection
An examination group established by the Shanghai Food Production License Examination Center will undertake anon-site examination ofthe applicant.
Where the enterprise passes the on-site examination, samples shall be picked by the examination group and inspected by the inspection agency before issuing a license.
The examination records and inspection reports shall be verified by the Shanghai Food Production License Examination Center and where all requirementsaremet, forwarded to General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine by the Bureau. General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantines shall verify the application materials and examination results and make a decision on issuing the Food Production License.
6 Time limit
(1) Time limit for expert examination and product inspection:
(a) Finish the expert examination: within 60 days.
(b) Finish the product inspection before issuing license: within 30 days (except for special products).
(2) Time limit for making decision:
20 days from the date of acceptance of the application (excluding time for expert examination and product inspection).
(3) Time limit for issuing license:
A Food Production License shall be issued and send to the applicant within 10 days after a decision to issue the Food Production License is made by General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantines.
(1) Enterprises applying for a production license shall pay fees according to article 11 of the Rules on Production license of Industrial Products (Trial)".
(2) The fees for a production license include examination fee (including license fee, travel expense and information costs), product inspection fee and publication fee according to No. 127 Provisional Rules on Charges for Production License of Industrial Productsof former Administration of Price and Ministry of Finance.
(3) Examination fee: According to Notice of Ministry of Finance and State Planning Commission on adjusting authorities in charge of fee charging items including examination fee for production license of industrial products, and etc.(Issuance No 19 (2002) Financial General of Ministry of Finance and State Planning Commission), the examination fee is 2200 RMB per enterprise, and for the same examination an additional fee of 440 RMB shall be paid where more than one unit is applied for under a license. The applicant shall pay the examination fee to the Shanghai Food Production License Examination Center at the time of submitting the application.
(4) Publication fee: The publication fee is 400 RMB per unit and is paid by the enterprises which obtain the production license to the Shanghai Food Production License Examination Center at the time of submitting the application.
(5) The inspection fee: Inspection fee shall be paid to the inspection agency according to relevant existing national rules.